ExitPoint™ Directional Sounders with Voice Messaging
In a fire emergency, ExitPoint directional sounders cut through the confusion and chaos to guide occupants to the nearest safe exit – even in little to no visibility. ExitPoint has been shown to decrease evacuation times by up to 75 percent, providing precious seconds that can save lives.
How ExitPoint Improves Evacuation
In most buildings, exit routes are identified by visual exit signs. However, in an emergency, many people fail to spot or pass by nearby exits because of confusion, smoke or visual clutter obscuring the signs, or their natural tendency to evacuate the building via the same route they entered.
ExitPoint directional sounders use broadband noise, the only type of sound human brains can accurately pinpoint, to overcome these shortcomings. When triggered by existing fire detection systems, carefully positioned ExitPoint directional sounders use this broadband sound interspersed with optional voice commands to guide occupants along appropriate escape routes and to perimeter building exits.
- Casino/Gaming - Visual and audible distractions
- College Campus/Dormitories - Mass notification
- Government/Public Buildings - Mass notification
- Hotel/Lodging -Transient population unfamiliar with surroundings
- Industrial/Mining - Provide locating mechanism for "safe zones"
- Night Clubs - Potential for high numbers of casualties in the event of a fire